One of the simplest methods for publishing content online is WordPress. Creators and businesspeople from all over the world may create their websites and blogs thanks to the platform's user-friendly interface.
There are several turn-key ecommerce plugins for WordPress now available, so you won't have to give up your favorite platform if you love using it for content creation and community building but want to go into commerce. Here are a few well-liked, reliable choices for converting your current WordPress website into a shop that is prepared for checkout.
7 best WordPress ecommerce plugins
- Price: $9/month, included in all Shopify subscription plans.
- Free trial length: 14 days.
- Customer support options: Website support; online tutorials; discussion forums; Email, live chat, and phone help are available 24/7.
- Mobile app features: Track sales, add and change products, see reports, manage employees, process orders, submit product images, and receive order notifications.
- Point of sale (POS): Shopify, Amazon Pay, Authorize.net, PayPal, Braintree, BitPay, Checkout.com, and other payment processors are supported.
With the Shopify Buy Button, you can quickly integrate ecommerce into your WordPress site. Shopify will provide you with a code that you can place wherever you want the Buy Button to display on your website. It's a simple method to monetize your current WordPress blog or website.
To begin selling using the Shopify Buy Button, just copy and paste the code into your WordPress site. You may even change the appearance and feel to match what you've previously produced.
Rather than starting a new Shopify store from scratch, the Buy Button produces a mini-site that is separate yet concurrent with your WordPress site. It shows on your WordPress site on the front end, but it's connected to your secure Shopify platform on the back end, allowing you to take benefit of Shopify's other ecommerce capabilities.
The Shopify Buy Button also allows you to add an infinite number of items, integrate more than 100 suitable payment processors, track sales and growth trends, and ease foreign taxes and currency conversion.
It's as simple as producing a code with a few clicks to convert your WordPress site into an online retailer. Simply drag the Buy Button into position and select the product you want to highlight. The Shopify Buy Button adds a mini storefront to your WordPress site and links to Shopify's secure shopping cart platform. All you need is a product to sell to get started.
- Price: Free
- Free trial length: n/a
- Customer support options: WordPress website support resource hub, discussion forum
- Mobile app features: Adding products, receiving real-time notifications, managing orders, tracking statistics, and managing multiple stores
- Integrations: Stripe, PayPal, Square, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Google Shopping, Walmart, Etsy, eBay, Wish, Reverb, Lazada, and Bonanza are all payment options for WooCommerce.
WooCommerce is a WordPress ecommerce plugin developed by Automattic that is one of the most popular ecommerce plugin alternatives. WooCommerce was created primarily to address the ecommerce void left by WordPress. WooCommerce's appearance and feel may be customized to match your branding, and you can take advantage of its numerous connectors.
Woo allows you to sell both physical and digital items and connect to over 100 payment methods. Configure sales tax and delivery parameters, as well as product variations and affiliate products.
While WooCommerce appears to be simple and easy to use, real-world users have a different experience. Many integrations fail and aren't as in sync as they should be, and the platforms seem fragmented and clumsy. It also necessitates a great deal of upkeep and continuous updates if you don't want your site to break.
- Price: $99–$499/year
- Free trial length: None, although you may seek a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Customer support options: Fill out a support ticket; hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST; an online resource center is provided; Priority Support is offered for $99 per 45 days or $299 per year.
- Mobile app features: Sales statistics, earnings tracker, individual sale details, client database, and recurring payments are exclusively available on iOS.
- Integrations: Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, 2Checkout, SOFORT Banking, BitPay, and Coinbase are all accepted payment methods.
Easy Digital Downloads is a WordPress plugin that allows you to sell digital items. You may use it to create a rudimentary shopping cart and accompanying Buy button for your WordPress site.
Easy Digital Downloads provides a few noteworthy features, such as the ability to apply discount coupons and establish customer profiles. Easy Digital Downloads' analytics reporting allows you to track your sales as well. Furthermore, merchant evaluations mention that the support crew is responsive and helpful.
Easy Digital Downloads, on the other hand, have a limitation in that you cannot have an infinite number of SKUs. So, if you have ambitions for growth or product extension, this is probably not for you. If you wish to sell physical products, you may need to choose another WordPress ecommerce plugin entirely.
Furthermore, Easy Digital Downloads provides limited SEO help and functionality. If organic search is an important aspect of your marketing plan, you should consider alternative solutions.
- Price: $29.95 to $299.95/month
- Free trial length: 15 days
- Customer support options: Support through phone and live chat is available 24/7, and a support ticket system is
- Mobile app features: TK
- Integrations: Square, PayPal, ConnectPOS, Epos Now, Hike POS, Vend, Heartland Retail, Google Shopping, Mercado, Wish, Facebook, Sellbrite, and Walmart are all examples of payment processors.
BigCommerce is a self-contained ecommerce platform with a WordPress plugin. It has many of the same common features as many of the other plugins on our list, such as POS connectors, multichannel capabilities, analytics reports, and SEO tools.
BigCommerce's shortcomings include usability and customizability.
BigCommerce's intricacy is what distinguishes it the most. Because it is designed for major corporations and enterprises, the platform is incredibly extensive and robust. It's too complicated for many internet companies. BigCommerce is a platform that you develop into, not one that you start with.
- Price: $129 to $349/year
- Free trial length: 14-day money-back guarantee
- Customer support options: Online knowledge base, support ticket
- Mobile app features: n/a
- Integrations: Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, open API
If recurring payments are your primary requirement, MemberPress may be the WordPress plugin for you. MemberPress, which was created expressly for the WordPress platform, supports subscriptions, memberships, and other recurring-payment business models.
You can see and manage paying members, share specific landing pages and assets, and generate promotional coupons with MemberPress. You may also create a community forum to interact with your subscriber base.
Though MemberPress is great for recurring payments, that's about it in terms of ecommerce. If you wish to sell actual things or handle one-time transactions, you should choose one of the other WordPress plugins on our list.
- Price: Free to $99/month
- Free trial length: Free plan available
- Customer support options: Monday through Friday, email, live chat, and phone help are provided; a community forum is also available.
- Mobile app features: Scanning products, inventory tracking, sales management, and payment acceptance
- Integrations: Square, Clover, Vend, Alice, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, eBay, and Google Shopping are just a few examples.
Another excellent solution that works via HTML embed is the Ecwid WordPress plugin. Ecwid is perfect if multichannel selling is part of your business plan because it can be used on social media and other online channels.
The user-friendly ecommerce tool comes with unlimited storage, frequent backups, automatic upgrades, and security updates. It also syncs inventory data across platforms and channels and automates sales tax reporting and filing for retailers in the United States.
In terms of payment gateway integration, Ecwid is more limited than other solutions, but you may still select from one of 40 compatible products. Also, keep in mind that Ecwid offers several connectors with other platforms, each of which may differ—this might make it difficult to feel comfortable using the platform in diverse circumstances.
7. WP EasyCart
- Price: Free plans available; paid plans at $69/year and $99/year
- Free trial length: 14 days
- Customer support options: Online tutorials, support documentation, paid users to get support ticket access
- Mobile app features: Order notifications
- Integrations: Square, Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay
WP EasyCart is a shopping cart plugin designed exclusively for the WordPress platform. As a result, it's often straightforward to set up and fully integrate with your site. There is a broad list of attributes that are appropriate for selling both physical and digital items.
You may offer gift cards, set up regular payments for subscriptions, issue invoices, and collect contributions, among other things.
For all of the features that WP EasyCart has to offer, the user interface is unimpressive. It's not extremely user-friendly or intuitive.
Also, note that WP EasyCart has acquired Cart66.
The best online store builder doesn’t need ecommerce plugins
You don't need a plugin to make your first sale when you use a platform like Shopify. You have all of the tools you need right away. Then, as your company expands, you can select from hundreds of integrations and plugins in the Shopify App Store to transform your online store into a full-fledged ecommerce empire.